Thursday, March 17, 2011

Permission to Tread the Primrose Path


Well, I got there in the end and submitted (with surprisingly little angst in the end) virtually 10,000 words to my supervisor. Attending the supervisory yeasterday, I was relieved and pleased that he seemed to like what I'd written. Furthermore, a secret fear that I'd been harbouring for a while that my work was spiralling away from the original brief was put to rest when it was suggested that I state that my approach 'could not be seen in isolation and was part of a wider exegetical toolbox'. Massive relief, because I thought that I might be heading off too far down the etymological primrose path, but as my supervisor said "You can do anything as long as you state in advance that you're going to do it." To be honest, I felt a weight lifting from my shoulders, and this lightening has seen me today at my desk, humming happily, and setting to with a renewed sense of enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment